Case Study 1 TheBig Data Challenges
Big Datais a term used to describe the voluminous amount of structured and semistructured data generated by companies. The term is used when referring to petabytes (PB), exabytes (EB), and zettabytes (ZB) of data. Companies face challenges when it comes to capturing, storing, searching, and analyzingBig Data. The Volvo Car Corporation faced this problem because of the massive amount of data it was streaming from its vehicles.
Download and study the Volvo Car Corporation case study titled, “Converting data into business value at Volvo”, located athttp//www.icio.com/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/8833/icio_Case_Study_Volvo.pdf.
Write a two to four (24) page paper in which you
- Judge how Volvo Car Corporation integrated the cloud infrastructure into its networks.
- Explain how Volvo Car Corporation transforms data into knowledge.
- Identify the realtime information systems implemented and evaluate the impact of these implementations.
- Argue how theBig Datastrategy gives Volvo Car Corporation a competitive advantage.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment.NoteWikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with oneinch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or schoolspecific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are
- Explain how the components of an information technology system interrelate in an organizational context.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems and technology.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to information systems for decision making using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
- Compare and contrast the strategic and operational use of data management sy