Assignment 2: 4G Wireless Networks Due Week 4 and worth 75 points
The following resources may be helpful when completing this assignment.
• 3GPP Specification Detail. (n.d.). General format. Retrievablehere.
• WiMax Forum. (2012). General format. Retrievablehere.
The 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) developed the 3GPP Long-Term Evolution (LTE) standard for wireless communications technology. It is regarded as an evolution of the Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM), the Universal Mobile Telecommunications Systems (UMTS), and other standards. It is also known as the 4G LTE. The competition among the carriers to support 4G LTE networks has been very fierce as evidenced by TV commercials targeting Smartphone users. Many smart phones run on 3G networks.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
· Compare and contrast 3G wireless networks to 4G networks in terms of:
Services and application
· Distinguish between the 4G LTE, 4G WiMax, and 4G WiBro networks based on
Upload and download speeds
· Identify why the competition between the 4G LTE carriers has been so fierce and describe the benefits of this competition to the subscribers.
· In January 2012, Verizon stated that 4G LTE is available in 190 cities covering 200 million American subscribers. According to AT&T’s Website, they had plans for covering 20 million Americans in 15 markets by end of 2011. Conclude why Verizon is able to cover more markets than AT&T.
· Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. You may use the resources above or others of your choosing.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.